… because making people smile sounds like the least I can do lately, I’ve been wanting to spread positive vibes – it might seem stupid, but as a privileged reader (as in white, straight, abled, and with a work I love), this is something I’m happy to do? Not nearly enough, and really, I know it’s not that big of a deal, OF COURSE, but it can’t hurt, right? That’s why I decided to run this giveaway to offer you the chance to win a preorder for one of these diverse new releases. I am SO excited to read them, I’m sure you are too!
- When Dimple Met Rishi by Sandhya Menon : Indian American MC, positive representation of arranged marriage. Released on May 30th.
- Radio Silence by Alice Oseman : Biracial & Bisexual MC, demisexual representation. Released on March 28th.
- The Upside of Unrequited by Becky Albertalli : Fat & Jewish MC. Released on April 11th.
- Flame in the Mist by Renée Ahdieh : Set in Japon. Released on May 16th.
- The Library of Fates by Aditi Khorana : Indian author, fantasy inspired by Indian folklore. Released on July 18th.
- Warcross by Marie Lu : East Asian MC. Released on October 3rd.
- How to Make a Wish by Ashley Herring Blake : Biracial & Bisexual representation. Released on May 2nd.
- Want by Cindy Pon : Asian hero. Set in Taiwan. Released on June 13th.
- Dear Martin by Nic Stone : African-american MC. Released on October 17th.
(If you know more about the representation in these novels, please tell me! I’ll update!)
First of all, you’ll have to go to twitter (click on the picture below to go to the tweet), then retweet and follow before April 1st 12:00 AM (Paris Time Zone) to enter and… that’s it.
Good luck everyone! And if you want to support marginalized authors and reviewers and are financially stable and can afford it, don’t forget that you can find many amazing arts/contents on Patreon! (If you have a list of Patreons, please share! I can’t find the one I had and Google didn’t help me, ugh)